A Deloitte survey of companies sponsoring online communities indicates that enterprises have begun to effectively use social media tools and online communities to engage with customers and employees for brand discussions, idea generation, and product discovery. However, the survey also indicates that while these online initiatives are having a positive impact, enterprises have not yet harnessed the true potential of these communities.
Here are a few corporate cases that will shed light on the growing importance of social media management.
Nissan’s social media plan to promote its new Nissan 370Z sports car
Verizon’s online community for its buyers
Ericsson’s Pixl8r initiative and the social media portal
Online community for manufacturers by Microsoft and Infosys
HP’s online consumer support community
• Online community building for brand management, human resource management, customer and business partner relationship management
• Online, interactive marketing and corporate communications
• Blog creation and blog content management for product promotions and messaging
• Analysis and reporting of user-generated content, user experience (UX) management
• Interactive website content creation, web traffic analysis and management
• Content aggregation using mashup web applications
• Micro-blogging for instant messaging among target consumer segments